LAWRENCE JOSEPH BARR AND
LUCILLE GRAMLICH-BARR FAMILY
Please send photo!
Lawrence Joseph Barr was born August 10th, 1916 in the Barr family home in Shackelford, MO, to Charles Thomas Barr and Harriette C. Thompson-Barr. It was also the birth year of American actors Jackie Gleason, Gregory Peck, and Glenn Ford. It was also the year the Cubs played their first game at Wrigley Field, the first Norman Rockwell painting adorned the cover of the Saturday Evening Post, and the National Park Service was created by Democratic President Woodrow Wilson. In the November presidential election, the incumbent Woodrow Wilson narrowly defeats Republican Charles E. Hughes, during wartime WWI.
Lucille Kathryn Gramlich was born 12/4/1918, to Andrew Gramlich and Josephine Gross-Gramlich, the same day President Woodrow Wilson departs by ship to the Paris Peace Conference, becoming the first United States President to travel to any foreign country while holding office.
Lawrence married Lucille Kathryn Gramlich on April 7th, 1942 at Clear Creek Catholic Church by Rev. Stolberg, O.S.B., and spent their lives in Marshall, Missouri, where the two had five children.
1) Nancy Kay Barr b. 1943 Marshall, MO.
2) Marilyn Lucille Barr b. 5/4/1944 m. Robert Rex Rowland Jr 7/13/1968 by Monsignor Emmett Summers at Shackelford Church, Shackelford, MO.
3) Delbert Lawrence Barr b. 7/10/1946 m. Donna Smith b. 8/23/1948.
4) Milton Francis Barr b. 5/24/1951 Marshall, MO. m. Cherie Berrilla Vesser b. 2/21/1949. daughter of Percy Vesser and Valerie Simmons Vesser.
5) Joyce Irene Barr b. 1953 Marshall, MO. m. David Glenn Nelson in 1972 Marshall, MO. b. 1950. Their two daughters Sara and Lynn Nelson.
©Copyright Gary Barr Entertainment 2008. All Rights Reserved.